Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 year in review

Welcome to 2015 & happy 2 year anniversary of this blog!  

I love all the documentation I have recorded now for my kiddos to read one day...I wonder what they will think?  I hope they love all these memories as much as me!  I feel like these kiddos are growing up super fast, but this is one way for me to slow down the time a bit.  I want to continue to make this blog a priority, even when the crazy life gets in the way...which it sometimes did in 2014.  Here's to a great 2015 ahead!


Let's take a look back to see what happened in 2014...
This year brought more changes in the schedule.  I began nannying a bit starting in March for a few months and then in August I started with the schedule of doing it Monday, Wednesday, Fridays from 7:30-1:30 while Ellie got to join me!  I also took up more of a leadership role in my MOPS as an assistant coordinator.  This along with both boys being in school and all three kiddos doing extracurricular activities brought little downtime in our lives, but I love our life and how crazy it is!

January:
We updated the boys room at the beginning of 2014 to make it more of a big kids' room.

Avery tried out basketball for a season...it wasn't his sport, but he still had fun!


February:
The first of February brought a most unfortunate accident that involved some black ice, Ryan, a bike, and a broken hip!  Ugh!

We got lots of snow!

We finally entered the stage of being a completely diaper free family!!!  And Ellie began her first dance/gymnastics class!

March:
My big first grader turned 7...wow!

Our big vegetable garden for the season got started.

The boys started their spring soccer season playing together with Ryan as their coach...lots of fun!

April:
This month brought the beginning of Ellie's spring soccer season too...we were in full on soccer mode!

A wonderful Easter with my family!

We also had a family photo shoot this month. I absolutely love how the pictures came out!

May:
In the middle of soccer we threw in some baseball for Avery too!  Love watching my kiddos play sports!

My little boy graduated preschool...wow!


June:
Ryan & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Jamaica!

While the kiddos spent their kid's only vacation at G&G's house!

We had a super fun camping trip with lots of our friends!

Evan learned to ride his bike without training wheels this summer!

WEJuly:
Another fun outing this summer...this time to Shatto Milk!

We had a great 4th of July down at G&G's house!

In July we also had lots of fun on our family trip to Chicago!


August:
Then we had a second grader!

AND a Kindergartner!  Oh Boy!

Ryan & I got baptized!

September:
The kiddos had lots of fun on our trip to Omaha with friends!

Ellie started her gymnastics class at a new place and loves it!

And the boys began their fall soccer season playing on different teams this time.  Ryan started coaching Evan's team while Avery joined boys from his school.

October:
My baby girl turned 4 years old...unbelievable!

There were lots of pumpkin patches like always!

And we cheered on the Royals in the World Series...they didn't win, but we still had fun watching the games!

Then it was already Halloween.

November:
This month flew by without a lot of blogging...

And a Thanksgiving lunch at school!

December:
We round out the year with a boy turning 6!


And we ended it with a great Christmas season!

Wow what a great 2014!  Love my family!


No comments: