Wednesday, June 11, 2014

day 14-19 of summer...parents' version

Day #14-19 of summer:  June 6-11
Parents' version...
So here is part 1 of what's been going on with us the past 6 days.  This is Ryan & I's version since the kiddos had their own experiences that will be coming in the next post.

Ryan & I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on June 26...since it is anniversary month ;), we took a little vacation to celebrate a few days early.  Our little vacation without kiddos was to an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica called the Grand Palladium.  It was an awesome resort and I would totally recommend it!  This vacation was all about R&R so we didn't have any big explorations, but we had a wonderful time!  Other than the 3 HOUR delay on the way there and the 1 HOUR delay on the way home {Baltimore airport you are so not on my favorite airports' list...}, this trip was everything we had hoped for.  Okay since it was only the two of us be prepared for a lot of selfies ;)...

In no real order...

After dropping off our kiddos we are headed out on an early, early morning flight out of STL {to just have to wait 5 HOURS in Baltimore since we had a 2 hour layover...anyways....}

Finally, finally made it!

Ryan and his gross seafood dishes ;)...

The view from one of the pools also looking out toward the ocean.



I warned you...lots of selfies...
This was taken standing on our room's balcony on the first floor looking out to the ocean.


The largest pool area.

A panorama taken inside a gazebo they use for weddings there.



Our favorite location to eat.

Lots of hermit crabs...Ryan wanted to bring one home for the kiddos.

Ryan tried paddle boarding.

Beautiful...Ryan's out there snorkeling somewhere in that picture.

I did lots of reading :)



I took this picture to prove that I did work out while on vacation :)...yes it was only once...if you can't tell I am DRIPPING with sweat...not really because I did a rocking workout...but because the "air conditioners" there are pretty much a joke...there's no fans in this room and it is so muggy there!  Never again will I complain about being sweaty in my gym :).

Love him.  Love the blue water.

Pedal boat.

{See the catamaran in the background of this picture...that's what we are doing in the next picture...}

It's fun when Ryan doesn't venture too far from the shore...he will tell you I am NOT fun when I get too far out...I am terrified of wide open oceans ;)..


Kayaking.


That's part of our resort you can see in the picture...our resort was HUGE!

Looking at our building.  We were in the room straight ahead on the bottom floor.

These are all pictures of the ocean near our room.



The view looking out.

Ryan's coconut water drink :).

Heading home...we saw a rainbow!

It was a great anniversary trip!

No comments: