Wednesday, August 13, 2014

a second grader

Second Grade.
We are like in big kid territory.  I don't know when this boy got so old.  He is very excited about this year and isn't nervous one bit!  I love our smaller school and that most of these kiddos know each other by now.  There are three second grade classrooms with only 17 kids in Avery's class...I love that!  Today was only half a day so he got a brief glimpse of the new year before heading back home at lunch time.

Here's some stats on this boy as of right now...

Most excited about:  lockers {yes in second grade}
When he grows up he wants to be:  don't know 
Favorite book is:  Magic Tree House:  Soccer on Sunday
Favorite color is:  Green and Black
Favorite game is:  Soccer
Favorite thing to eat for lunch is:  Mac & Cheese
Favorite thing about school is:  P.E.
The best thing that happened today:  Getting a prize for turning in his summer reading log from his 1st grade teacher!



{Yeah I don't know what's up with those 3 crazy faces either...}


Avery asked me this morning if I could just drop him off at the front door...um...no...we aren't in middle school yet!!  Son, I will be walking you to your class at least until the end of elementary school :)...prepare yourself!



Then lunch with Ryan after getting off school.  One half day down.

Tomorrow it's Evan's turn!!


No comments: