Wednesday, January 1, 2014

a new year 2014

Happy 2014!

I hope everyone had a wonderful new years.  We spent some time at Grandmommy & Granddaddy's house to wrap up the year and had lots of fun playing and just relaxing!
Photo: 14 balloons popped for 2014 {yes a little early ;)}

Another year has flown by...2013 was a great year for my family and I hope 2014 will be just as good!
  
Here's some highlights of 2013:




I completed my first half marathon and then 6 months later I completed my second...who am I??

We played lots of sports! {And it was probably talked about too much to link about every time!}






{And our biggest player...our little cheerleader who cheers on her brothers' at every game!}


{Oh my goodness our baby Bella has grown up fast!}










And that's just the beginning.  We are blessed!


Ellie - Use the potty :)!  Done...at least for daytime :)
 
Evan - No help from mommy using the potty (don't worry all the resolutions don't involve the restroom...), writing his name on his own, learn all his abc's, and ride a big boy bike  Done, done, done, and done!!
 
Avery - Become a better reader (this was his idea), ride his bike without training wheels, and learn to tie his shoes  Done, done, done!!
 
Carrie - run a half marathon  Done...and then I did another one!!  Although I didn't write it down, I also accomplished taking a picture every day for the entire year!  That's 365 days that I took at least one picture, but most days it was a lot more.  This was a lot easier than I thought it would be!
 
Ryan - run a half marathon with Carrie (but I don't think this is really a challenge for him since he could wake up tomorrow and run one without any training...)  Done and then he had to do it with me again :)!

Our 2014 New Year's Resolutions:

Ellie - Now we need to be FULLY potty trained...that includes night time!  Learn to write her name.

Evan - Learn letter sounds.  Get better at the trampoline {his goal ;)}.

Avery - Learn all math facts.  Become a better soccer player.  {Both his goals}

Carrie - No new goals here... Continue to take at least one picture every single day, make working out a priority, and continue to keep up with memory keeping through my scrapbooks and this blog.

Ryan - {he is apparently perfect and has no goals...although he did tell me that his is to "run a full marathon with my wife"....sorry this will NEVER happen!}


Today marks the one year anniversary of this blog!  I have enjoyed writing here way more than I expected to and {love} all the memories I now have saved forever!  I don't want to stop now and want to keep this blog a priority in my life.  I wrote so much {over 500 printed out pages} and uploaded so many pictures {2,500 photos} that if I want to get the blog into a book, I apparently need two books for it {as says any book binding resource...}.  Wow, I guess I had a lot more to say than I originally set out to do!  Now the challenge after writing for a complete year, will I start repeating myself?  Will there be anything new to say?  I am pretty sure that the superheroes & princess will keep things lively around here ;).  If you, my readers, have anything you want me to write about more, or maybe something I haven't talked about yet {if you can think of anything :)}, or just want to tell me your favorite post please comment and let me know!

Here's to a great 2014!

No comments: