Wednesday, August 14, 2013

first day of 1st grade

Today was Avery's first day of 1st grade.  That seems so old to me!  I think this 1st grade thing is going to be a lot different then kindergarten.  Since Avery only went to half day kindergarten it really didn't seem like much of a change from preschool.  We still got to spend every morning with him and then he just left for a few hours during nap time before coming back home.  Well now we are big time and he will be gone ALL day for five days of the week and he will be spending more waking time at school then at home...that's a big change!  Oh boy!  Today was just a half day so the "big" day {in my opinion}  doesn't happen until tomorrow.  That is going to be one long day for E & E & me.  We will miss him, but will know that he will be having lots of fun learning new things.

This morning Avery got up bright & early....6:20 am to be exact.  Before the rest of the house...I had my alarm set for 6:30 so I could get some things done before everyone got up...well he beat me to it.  He hopped out of bed, got his clothes on, shoes on, and his hair combed in less then 2 minutes.  Then he started asking if it was time to go to school yet :)!  

When you wake up so early you can still fit in some play time before school...so superheroes it was.

He requested french toast for his first day of school breakfast.


Then it was finally time to head off to school.  Ellie was also saying she was going to school this morning...notice her backpack :).




A skylander's backpack, of course.


Waiting to go back to his room.


At his desk!


And his backpack hung up.  He is again the last number in the class this year, number 17.  Yes, there are only 17 kiddos in his room...love it!


Then ice cream is a must after the first and last days of school!  Even better when the ice cream is your lunch :)!


Ice cream with friends!!!


Here's some stats on Avery as we begin the new school year:

Favorite Color:  Green
Favorite TV Show:  Pokemon
Favorite Subject:  P.E.
Favorite Book:  Pokemon
When I Grow Up I want to Be:  Don't know yet
I really Like:  Skylanders
I really Don't Like:  Baby dolls

No comments: