Monday, August 19, 2013

pickin' peaches

Have you missed me ;)?  Since the summer is now over I am not forcing myself to keep a daily blog entry so you will see a little less posts and I will be more random in what I post...trust me our daily life isn't as "exciting" now with school in session.  I don't think you want to hear about going to the grocery store or time at the gym, but fret not, I will not be disappearing!

This weekend we decided to enjoy more beautiful weather around here with some peach picking!  Yes, we have picked strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries & raspberries this summer....so why not peaches too?!  I love having this fresh fruit, but it seems to disappear so quickly! 

We loaded up the car and headed out to the farm to get our picking on.  A fun tractor ride to the field!


I think the kiddos enjoy picking their own fruit because of all the eating they do while picking....I think their father is responsible for teaching them that one!


Peach picking is a little harder then the other fruit because you have to find one that's not hard, but not too soft either!


It is easier then apples, however, because the limbs are so low you don't need a ladder!


I did make some peach pies from scratch with some of our 13 pounds of peaches!  There is something very satisfying from making your own pie.....but someone needs to teach me how to make a pretty one!!


Okay I think we are done with picking fruit now....well at least until apples & pumpkins are ready :)!

No comments: