Sunday, August 11, 2013

#81 & #82 trip to lake of the ozarks & a 5k

Okay so apparently we want to end this summer with a bang because after returning from our vacation we had a back to school bash the next day and headed to the Lake of the Ozarks that night.  Yes, sometimes we are a little crazy :).  

On Friday night we drove down to my sister's boyfriend's place on the lake.  They had just recently redone a condo and it was beautiful.  My parents came up the next morning and we all got to spend the day together!  


We started Saturday morning doing a little back to school shopping at the outlets.  I think Ellie can pretty much get anything she wants because she talked my sister into getting her this monkey hat, the butterfly backpack, and the sparkly shoes ;).  What a combination right?!

The boys got some new running shoes from Grandmommy, which they love!

Next, we headed out to play a little mini golf.  Evan & myself were the only two people who got a hole in one {I won't tell you how the rest of Evan's and mine game playing went ;}...and yes, Kelsey did win.


Then we headed out on a little boat ride on the lake on a yacht!  So fun!


Finally, we took a little swim at the pool.


We also ate lots before heading back home Saturday night.  Fun times!!!

If that wasn't enough we woke up bright & early Sunday morning to run the Susan G. Koman 5k in Kansas City.  It was lots of fun with great friends for a special reason....a cure for breast cancer!  This was Ryan and I's second year doing this race and although the weather was terrific for August there are killer hills on this race, but we survived it with about the same time I got last year.  It's amazing how the race did seem to go by very quickly....probably because I am in the middle of training for my next half marathon and have to do 6 miles at some point soon....so what's 3.1 miles right ;)...don't worry I don't think I will ever think even 1 mile was "easy" :)....


The kiddos were there to cheer us on....you can't ask for a better cheering squad....or should I say people who want to eat all your free goodies after the race :).


And we are at 2 days left at summer vacation now...unbelievable!!! Can I say I am kind of looking forward to school and a little bit slower days around here :)?!

No comments: