Monday, July 8, 2013

#47 blackberries & miracles

Oh boy, it was a doozey of a day...we had arguing, not listening, unappreciativeness {I don't think that's a word...but trust me we had it} going on today.  Welcome back from "vacation", right?  We have hit the middle of the summer, where things aren't so "new" anymore and the "inmates" become a little restless.  We shall power through!

We did manage to do a little craft at the library this morning.

And we went blackberry picking!  The blackberries were humongous ...but whatever they had to do to get them to look like this they effected the taste too.  It will take sugar to get them to taste good, but I am still happy.  Blackberry pie...my favorite...is in my near future!  The kiddos enjoyed the hay bales!









We also got this movie from the library today.
Milo & Otis

I know...it's Bella!!!  The kiddos really enjoyed the movie and the dog did act like Bella.  Evan's favorite part was this...

It can't get any better then Bella and a turtle together!!!!

So to try to work on the kiddos behaviors today we talked about working on their new goals for the rest of July.  If they meet their goals by the last day of the month they will get to choose 5 items at the dollar store....I know we have GREAT prizes around here ;)...trust me the kiddos think this is GREAT!  

Because of this new incentive this MIRACLE happened....
What, you say it's just a boy in his bed?!  Well, that said boy has NEVER, EVER at the old age of 4 1/2 fell asleep in his own bed {well I guess since the crib era} by himself.  He has RARELY slept in his actual bed too.  He has either slept with Avery, Ellie, or I have had to lay down with him.  He always has to have a warm body next to him...we say he needs a wife in his young age so that he can have someone sleep next to him ;).  We shall see if this lasts all night long, but that was a huge step for him!  It's amazing what $5 worth of toys for this boy will do!

No comments: