Sunday, July 28, 2013

#67 & #68 supplies, golf, & bike races

It was a really great weekend.  The weather was AWESOME for end of July...no heat, no humidity, and no storms.  I have never felt temperatures this time of year around here in the low 70s!  It makes me SO ready for fall...too bad it's more then a month away!  We tired to take full advantage of this weather and spend as much time as possible outside.  

On day #66 of the summer we did one of my FAVORITE things that I look forward to for most of the year.  The superheroes and I went school supply shopping!  {Yes I am a dork.}  Seriously, I love school supplies and I love them being on sale :).  I think this love might have been one of the biggest factors for me becoming a teacher!  
While Ellie napped we headed to the store to get our goodies.  And yes I might have re-typed their supply list with pictures so they could read it themselves ;).  It was fun and I think they loved it as much as me.


After dinner on Saturday we headed to the park to play mini golf.  Avery made it there and back on his bike!  


The kiddos enjoyed playing even though there might have been a little cheating going on....





Avery & Ryan also hit some balls in the batting cages.

We ended our Saturday by staying outside past the kiddos bedtime catching lightning bugs with the neighbors.

On day #67 of the summer we all headed off to Ryan & Avery's bike "race" {it's not really a race as speed is not the goal...it's more of a ride, but Avery likes to call it a race}.  This is Avery's second year doing this race on the tag along with Ryan.  Last year they did the 25 mile loop, but this year they did the 57 mile one!  Yes, Avery rode along for ALL 57 miles!!!  That's a big accomplishment even on a tag along!  Now I do keep Avery's safety in mind...E&E and I follow along in the car through their race and meet them at every pit stop.  We always make sure Avery is happy and wants to continue and give him the option of just riding in the car the rest of the way.  He loved it and wanted to do all the miles...so after 5 hours, 5 rest stops, and going through several small towns near us they finished!  





And this is why I think I should switch from running to biking....all they do is EAT!


Most of the rest stops were at parks so E & E had fun too!






Then if that was not enough Avery came home and rode his bike some more...whereas Ryan had to take a nap :).  
Ended our day with more playtime outside with neighbors!


No comments: