Sunday, January 26, 2014

storytime, selling, scrapping, "Skylander", scoring, surgery...

Another busy week in the books for us.  Here's a look at some things that have been happening around here.

E&E started their first storytime together this week!  It is actually Ellie's very first storytime.  The boys have been going to various ones for a while, but Ellie was not old enough to go with them and I couldn't really take her to the toddler ones before because there is no way the boys would have sat through those.  Now that we are in the new stage of our lives...with two preschoolers and a school age kiddo {which will soon change again to one preschooler and two school age kids...wow} things become a little easier.  The best part of this 30 minute storytime is that E&E go without me, which means I all of a sudden have 30 minutes of child-free time where I am required to do nothing!  Woohoo! 

{Ellie said she loved storytime.}

This year I was one of the people in charge of my MOPS {Mother's of Preschoolers} Bake Sale.  Which meant some planning, baking, setting up, and selling on my part.  It made my week kind of crazy, but it was lots of fun with some great friends!  

First came my baking part...I don't know about you, but my kitchen always becomes a complete disaster when baking.  I don't know how not to make it end up this way.  And of course, my kids always think they need to join me in there with all their toys too.


Then came the set up and selling part.  I am so thankful for all the talented ladies I know...they make doing this kind of thing so easy!  


{All the yummy treats...hardly anything was left after the sell was over!}

Oh and did I mention during this Bake Sale I was also 24 hour scrapbooking at my church too??  Well not quite 24 hours...I scrapped from 5:15 pm - 1:45 am Friday and from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.  It's one of my favorite weekends of the year...lots of time with great friends, yummy food, and of course being able to get all of my scrapbooks caught up!  I am now all caught up...well I was caught up...that is, I have it done through this past Thursday and now being Sunday I am once again behind ;) {since I do add one picture from everyday in my album}.  Can't wait for next year!


But did I mention while running this Bake Sale AND {almost} 24 hour scrapbooking we also had a Cub Scout Pinewood Derby to participate in Friday night.

Here is Avery's creation, "Sylander".  Of course, what else would it be ;)?


And Evan had to make one too.  His was called "Turtle Apple" {I think you can see how it got it's name}.


"Skylander" didn't win any of his races this year, but he had a good run and there's always next year.


Avery won the "Best Decals" award!


Watching Skylander come down the runway!


And of course we threw in a basketball game in the mix Saturday morning.  No baskets yet from Avery, but his skills are improving and the Heat won their game!


Then after some much needed sleep Saturday night and some time at church Sunday morning, we had to have a major surgery on one of our loves...that is a Snuggie love.  Ellie's Baby had a hole that was well loved into her hand.  We had to stitch it up, but Ellie stayed by Baby's side the whole time holding her hand, getting her an ice pack, and putting a bandaid on the boo boo.  Luckily, Baby healed quickly and made a full recovery!


Then we had our own Derby race...on the dining room table.  Evan was a little sad he didn't get to participate before so he wanted to have a race with Avery.


Ellie joined too.


And they all got medals!!


Finally, another beautiful Sunday was enjoyed outside jumping on the trampoline.  I would include pictures, but you might be getting tired of the old trampoline pictures already ;).  So far I would say Santa's present is being well loved.

No comments: