Thursday, January 30, 2014

thursday mornings

Thursday mornings are special around here these days.  It's the only weekday morning where the pace slows down a bit and it's okay if everyone isn't quite matching or that everyone's hair is combed {as you can tell from the pictures}.  Yes, Avery still has to go to school on Thursdays {and we still miss him being here}, but it is the only morning where E&E and I have time to relax around the house.  There's no preschool, MOPS, gym, shopping, storytime, volunteering on Thursdays. I have started treating Thursday mornings as a more sacred time because these days are quickly slipping from us.

When I first started staying home {4 1/2 years ago now...wow}, I dreamed of busy days and so looked forward to having something on our schedule.  With a 3 1/2, almost 2, and a newborn at home our days were spent mostly at home.  Those were long days, before I really had too many friends, and three kiddos who couldn't really participate in much either.  None of my kids were in school or preschool, they were still too young for sports, and I hadn't yet realize the joys of going to a gym.  I longed for the bi-weekly MOPS meetings and even attended two different storytimes every week just to get out of the house.  Although some days were definitely long, I still look back on those days with fond memories that I was able to be home with them.

Those days, however, have disappeared in a blink of the eye...seriously, I don't know how the days have flown by!  Thursday mornings are now our only day that doesn't have something on the schedule every week...and most Thursday nights are open too {I could do a whole other post on after school activities}. I know now that we only have a few months left of this schedule before things once again change and I will have two school aged kids and only Ellie at home most of the time.  I am not saying things will get worse then...it will just once again be different...with a new schedule to love.

So E&E and I will try to enjoy the rest of our Thursday mornings while we have this time.

Here's a glimpse at this Thursday morning...




{This doesn't happen a lot...but they were playing "mom & dad" :)}

{Evan's latest favorite show is "Word World".  These two don't watch a lot of TV, but I love that this show teaches them about letters and words!}

{Twice in one day I caught them hugging!}

{I was kicked out of the room while they were playing "mom & dad"}

{Evan's all for getting ready for kindergarten lately!}

{These two always want to do a craft}



{Another sweet moment caught between them...Evan was "reading" a story to Ellie}

No comments: