Wednesday, May 22, 2013

no more kindergartners here

This picture was just taken yesterday...........right?

{You will see that not a whole lot has changed with Evan...;)}

I cannot even believe a whole school year has already gone by!  We were JUST celebrating the first day of kindergarten with ice cream.


Look at how much my little man has grown up!  By the way, he is now known as a FIRST GRADER...you better not call him a kindergartner anymore!


We will miss kindergarten.  Avery had a great teacher and a great class!  I couldn't have asked for a better start for him.


I cannot believe how much Avery has learned this year!  My hat goes off to all you kindergarten teachers you have a huge task in front of you from taking little preschoolers and turning them into elementary kiddos {yes, I was a teacher too and taught 3rd and 4th graders, but it is so much easier with some independence}!  Avery went from recognizing his letters and some sounds at the beginning of the year to reading actual books!!!  I still am amazed when he starts reading to me!

Of course, we had to celebrate the beginning of summer...











Woohoo!!!

And the beginning and the end of school wouldn't be complete without some ice cream ;).


{Yes, that is a pirate eye patch Ellie is sporting as a necklace.....what you haven't heard about this latest fashion trend yet?!}

{As you can see Evan can still get a little grumpy sometimes...}

We will try to cherish every second of our summer vacation because I am NOT ready for all day first grade....

No comments: