Monday, May 13, 2013

the weekend: last soccer game, s'mores, Mother's Day 5k

Apparently, we like to pack every second of our weekends around here because they always seem to be crazy busy...especially when the weather is nice, but I guess I wouldn't have it any other way!

My parents, my aunt, uncle, and cousin came up this weekend to participate in a Mother's Day 5k...more about that in a second, but first we started the weekend off with Avery's last soccer game for the season {actually there is one more left, but we can't go to it}.  Avery did awesome again...I think he likes performing in front of a large crowd :).






{He likes to tell me how he has more medals than me ;)}

We then took the doggies {we had 4 here over the weekend...Bella, Opie, Annie, and Rusty...quite a dog party!} to the dog park and ate dinner at the park {I guess didn't take any pictures of this...}.
Then we came back home for some s'mores!  Yummy!





On Sunday, Mother's Day morning, the girls {my mom, aunt, cousin, sister, and Ellie} all got up really early to participate in a Mother's Day 5k with some very special moms from my MOPS group.  This was my first 5k to walk and it was very fun and relaxing.  I am very proud of my mom and aunt who completed their first ever 5k!  Way to go!  I also got Ellie out of the stroller and she ran in through the finish line with me :).  You should have saw her little legs going she was very excited and they gave her her own medal after we crossed the finish line!  {I hope the race people got a picture of it!}  Their is already plans to do it again next year...maybe with a costume of sorts ;).  It was great to complete a 5k with family!

{Moms and daughters <3}

{The whole group...yes, Ellie is the one in the double stroller refusing to look at the camera!}

{I guess I check my watch all the time...even when walking :)}

{Looking good at 3 miles!}

{Ellie and me with our medals...she wanted to claim mine as hers too!}

Ryan also started on ANOTHER house project this weekend...I will blog about it later, but apparently we like to go big around here and do everything ourselves...I can't wait until this one is done!

No comments: