Wednesday, November 6, 2013

thankful...day 6

Day 6:

Mom:

Today I am thankful for Avery!  He's the one who made me a mom and has always been my big boy.  The first child is always a unique spot because everything is new not only for him, but for us as parents...I think we learn as much right along beside him.  I can't believe this boy is already 6 1/2 years old and in first grade!  Unlike Evan who is all Ryan, Avery is almost all me {I think Ellie is probably a good mixture of us both}...I say almost because he does have a big fascination for bugs & snakes and loves video games, which I am not claiming :).  Avery has the biggest heart ever and loves his brother and sister so much from the very first days we brought both of them home.  There was never any jealousy with this boy, he just always and loved {and worried} about E&E.  Things don't always come the easiest for him at first, but he always tries his very hardest.  This boy is a rule and schedule follower {yes, this is all me} who loves school.  Avery has quite the competitive spirit too, which is why he is now not only playing soccer & baseball, he is starting basketball too.  My time with Avery during the day is now a lot less since he is in school all day, which makes the time with him after school all the more precious.

E&E miss Avery a lot while he is away...they try to get in as much playtime as they can before school.

Avery's goal most mornings is to get ready as quickly as possible for school so that he can have free time.  He can often be caught in the car on the iPad ready to go 15 minutes before we even leave!

Another morning dropped off at school.  Some of his favorite things at school are math, P.E., art, playing four square or soccer at recess, and getting animal books at library.

Today was a great day for Avery after school, he got some new Skylanders that we ordered for the boys in the mail {they each got a new Skylander for selling off a lot of their old toys they didn't play with anymore}.  Avery is all about Skylanders these days!

Working on his spelling words, not the easiest for him, but he is very diligent about going over them.

One thing I love about this boy...he lets his little brother sleep with him in his bed...how sweet!  I wonder how much longer this is going to last?

Today I am thankful for my buddy Avery!

Ellie:
Baby {her lamb snuggie}

Evan:
Books {he doesn't really enjoying listening to books too much...it's more about making stacks of books...see yesterday's post if you don't understand :)}

Avery:
My new Skylanders {of course}

No comments: