Saturday, November 2, 2013

thankful...day 2

Day 2:

Mom:
Today I am thankful for great friends that got me started running...thankful for friends that have run with me on those long, short, and treadmill runs...thankful for friends that push me to sign up for races...and thankful for those friends that come out and cheer me on!  I am 100% positive I would have not started OR continued running without all this support!

Avery:
Donuts.  {He got a free donut while spectating at mom's race today.}

Evan:
Donuts.  {Yes, my kids are very insightful with their thankfulness ;)...and next time I am not asking my boys together for an answer...}

Ellie:
Yogurt.

Today, I did a little 5k race for a local family and their cute little daughter.  You can read about their story here.  It was fun in that I got to do it with some wonderful ladies, but the HILLS & HILLS on the way back were not fun!  No, I still will never think a 5k is easy ;).  I do think that was my PR {or close to it} time for a 5k however!


{Ellie & Laney...cheering on runners}

{I can smile at the beginning of the race...}

{...but I can never look happy at the end of the race...at least Kendra looks happy!  Thanks Kendra for getting me through another race and I think we pretty much rocked that first 1.5 miles...I won't comment on that last 1.6 ;).}


{The kiddos held their own race too!}


No comments: