Tuesday, November 5, 2013

thankful...day 5

Day 5:

Mom:

Today I am thankful for one of my superheroes, Evan.  This boy has always kept me on my toes and I never know what he is going to do or say...probably because he is nothing like me...he is 100% Ryan!  He definitely keeps life around here interesting!  Over the past year, this boy has really grown up, I mean he is in preschool now and spends three mornings away from us!  I feel like he was just my little boy who had to be holding your hand to fall asleep and always wanted to sleep in my bed.  He used to never want to try new things or he used to say he was never going to school...well now he is a rockstar soccer player and {loves} school!  He is still the sweetest boy {when he wants to be} and I love his kiss he gives me when I drop him off at preschool.  

This boy, I am never sure what he is going to decide to play with for the day, rocks, bouncy balls {I caught him after church with a whole pocketful of these things that he had taken to church with him}, squinkies...pretty much whatever it is he likes a LOT of it.  This morning he hand to combine several types of cards to make a "really big" pile!

Okay you might look at this picture and think, man Evan is already working on sight words...ummm, that is not what he is doing...he is a 100% numbers man {remember I said he was like his dad} so instead of reading the words he is counting the letters in each word and making piles with the winning word cards.  This boy also loves to talk about what the biggest number is, always!

He loves his craft time too, and decided to bring papers to color while waiting at the doctor's office during Ellie's checkup this morning.  Situations like this also brings out his million and one questions he always has about everything!

A top favorite of Evan's is Bella.  Every time we come home you can find these two like this...he loves his dogs!

After coming home this afternoon I told Evan he could put on his pjs if he wanted because it was a rainy day and we wouldn't be going outside...you would have thought I told the boy he was getting a new toy...he LOVES his pjs...and at 4 1/2 he still loves his footie pjs!!!  This boy is definitely a home body and would be content staying at home in his pjs all the time.

Lastly, this boy has a love for the "big phone"!

Today I am thankful for my Evan bear!

Avery:
Clothes.

Evan:
the "big phone"

Ellie:
Flowers..."mommy's flowers outside" {I am not really sure where she came up with this, but I like the answer :)}

No comments: