Tuesday, November 26, 2013

thankful...day 25&26

Day 25:

Mom:

On the 25th I am thankful for great friends who can watch my kiddos whenever I need it...like yesterday so I could volunteer in Avery's class.  I don't think I could be a stay at home mom without all this support!  
My kiddos also have tons of fun when they get to go to their friends' houses...just look at these two girls!

I am also thankful for books and our local library.  I love the libraries around here and the kiddos love going there!  Books are always a favorite of mine, either reading them myself or reading to my kiddos!

{Evan took this picture of us...so a little blurry..but what bedtime books look like}

Avery:
Santa

Evan:
Library

Ellie:
Dinner


Day 26:

Mom:

Today I am thankful for school breaks and being able to spend extra time with my boys!  I am ready for relaxing, eating, shopping, and partying {for Evan's 5th birthday}.

Today after school to start our break...Avery wanted to "paint" like the Indians did so the boys painted with with a little mud.


{The boys' handwriting in mud.}

Avery:
God. 
I have a little story about Mr. Avery for today...
I get this newsletter today from school where each kid was supposed to say the thing they were MOST thankful for...of course most of the class said their family, or at least a person...what does my child say...skylanders!  Yes, a video game he is most thankful for apparently.  The kid whom I have been asking for 26 days now what he was thankful for, without ever prompting him {and yes he has told me skylanders too}, should have came up with plenty of good answers by now...I mean just today he told me God!  However, when asked in front of his classmates when everyone else is saying their family, he thinks the best answer is skylanders :)....oh boy!

He did make up for it later tonight by creating his own list of things he is thankful for {again without asking him to do it} and this is what he came up with...




Evan:
Cars. {play cars}

Ellie:
Jesus.

No comments: