Monday, June 17, 2013

#26 1,2,3 blast off

Is it just me or is this summer already going by super fast??  We had another Make Something Monday where we made....rockets!!  Now, before you tell your kiddos that you are making rockets you should preface it by saying that you are making pretend, paper rockets not ones that will actually shoot out into outer space like my boys thought :).

They did, however, enjoy making these and they were pretty simple too.  Here's where the idea came from.


Just used some toilet paper rolls {or a paper towel roll cut in half}, some scrapbook 4th of July paper, and a bag of red, white, and blue streamer things I got from Hobby Lobby.  





Evan's rocket was apparently so fast I couldn't get a good picture of him....or maybe it was because he didn't want me to take his picture.....I guess we will never know ;).

{And hanging up in our window...Evan didn't want his hanging at first....but I stole it later so we have 3 hanging now.}

Then we put up the rest of my handful of decorations...the kids kept asking if there was more....I think they expect the Christmas explosion of decorations every time I switch holidays around here...but we are now ready for the 4th of July!



What else did we do today?

We watched this sweet baby girl for a bit.  Avery and Ellie couldn't get enough of having a baby around.

We also went to Avery's last baseball practice tonight.  Avery enjoyed it....E & E...not so much....as you can see Ellie is about to fall asleep and Evan is making up a game with his snacks :).


No comments: