Tuesday, February 4, 2014

days 1-4 of {love}

Okay back to regularly scheduled posts...

In all of the craziness we have tried to keep up with our 14 days of {love}.  I have put something new in their mailbox each morning, but we actually did day 1 & 2 on day 2 and then day 3 & 4 happened on day 4...but hopefully now we are all caught up.  So here's a little look at what our first 4 days have looked like.

day 1 of {love}
"Your love floats my boat"

The kids loved their cherry 7up Floats!  The Twizzler straws didn't really work, but you can't ever do wrong with getting some candy too :).





day 2 of {love}
"Your love bubbles up in me"

This was a fun science experiment where we just combined baking soda with some sparkles with red-dyed vinegar.  We used heart shaped cookie cutters to hold it in while they bubbled and fizzed.


{The basic supplies are placed in their mailbox}








day 3 of {love}
"I love you to pieces"

A little fun with some tissue paper and clear contact paper.  I just cut out a large heart from the contact paper and the kids tore pieces of tissue paper to put on top of it.  I didn't back it because I just used the exposed sticky areas to stick it straight to our windows.


{I have been using my Project Life cards to put each day's message on...they fit perfectly in their mailboxes...and I will slip them right into my scrapbook album for each day's journaling card...I think it's genius ;)}




{Beautiful decoration for our snowy, snowy day!!}

day 4 of {love}
"My love is on a roll"

We played a fun dice game today.  You can find the printable here.  It was very simple yet, fun activity.




{Ellie decided not to participate...}

{Avery's on the left and Evan's on the right...I think they turned out pretty cute...I like how Evan's also ended up with hair!}

And finally it's been snowing like crazy here today...and it's not done yet!  That doesn't stop the boys from getting on the trampoline!






No comments: