Sunday, September 15, 2013

10k & apple picking

A busy, busy Sunday!

First of all, I accomplished another race!  The Plaza 10K was my 3rd 10k.  I did this race last year, and it has become one of my favorites...because of the HUGE medal, nice shirts, and mostly flat course.  My other 10k you can read about here, but I wasn't too big of a fan of that one.  After this next half marathon that's coming up I think a 10k and under is going to be my only distances!  I am TIRED of running over 6 miles, but I am fond of the 10k distance because you don't have to be super fast to do well as in a 5k, but you don't have to put in such long miles either!

This race went well for me!  I shaved off 4 minutes from my last year's time!!  Yippee!  I also made it without taking a break until I was in mile 4...that means I ran up those hills in mile 2...that's big for me ;)!  My breaks were also short and I kept a 10:29 pace, which is my fastest pace I think I have ever had in any race!

Here I am with my sister, Kelsey, and her boyfriend Paul before and after the race.  Kelsey has ran lots of races and I have been running for almost 2 years now, but this is actually our first "competitive" race we have been in together.  Like always she still beats me....without training {no I don't call running twice training Kels!}.


Coming back around at mile 2.  Still feeling good at this point...mile 4 is where it started getting a little rough for me.


And finishing it up.  Worn out!


Thanks to this lady, Amy, who ran with me the whole way!  She definitely pushed me!


A little fun my kiddos had while waiting on me to finish the race with their friends!




Then it's Avery's turn to race!!!

Go Avery!



Avery got his medal too!


My little winner!


And just for fun Avery & I at last year's race!


Then we took a trip to the Red Barn to pick apples with Finn & Lilly!  Our apple tree didn't produce any apples this year :( so we have to pick from other places.



My silly apple picker!


Full buckets!


Avery tells me we are going to make apple pie with these!


Posing by the pumpkins with our friend Finn...two little kiddos didn't want to be in the picture.


They had lots of pumpkins already!  I {love} fall!



Ellie with her gourd she picked out.


With our wheel barrel full of apples, our huge bumpy pumpkin, and Ellie's gourd.


That's one thing checked off our fall bucket list already!

That was one long fun day!!!

No comments: