Saturday, September 14, 2013

go Green Thunder!

We did it....
Ryan & I made it through our first soccer game as the "coaches".  No we didn't win {yes, I know we aren't supposed to keep score...but these 1st graders sure know how to count now ;)...score was 1-3, if you must know}, but we didn't get terribly ran over either.  We also made a goal and all of our boys were great hustlers and held their own!  Pretty good since I am pretty sure we were playing a team that has worked together before and one of our team members we just met right before the game.  Also, this first grade field is WAY bigger than the one we were playing in kindergarten...those boys had to run a lot!  Overall, I think it was a good start to our Green Thunder season!

The player.

The cheerleader.


The "mascot"...he wouldn't let me get a good picture of his shirt...

This was as good as I could get.  "Go Green Thunder"

The player as goalie.

He loved it.

The player after the ball.  {Sorry I didn't get a lot of action shots...you get busy being one of the "coaches"!}

And the player WORN out!

We {love} soccer!

No comments: