Tuesday, September 17, 2013

everyday life: day 2

Tuesday:

Ellie decides to wake up extra early at 6:20 this morning and come in our room.  So much for getting the extra 25 minutes of sleep in for me ;)...but I am just thankful she sleeps in her own room almost every night now...this has been a LONG time coming for us not to have some kid in our bed every night!


Ellie likes to get fully dressed as soon as she gets up these days.  Notice she is even wearing her jacket already!


The boys having to get some iPad time in before school.


A rainy drop off this morning for Avery.  Evan doesn't have school on Tuesdays so I get to spend my day with both E & E.  Today, is our "slow" day this week.


We decide to spend the yucky rainy day just playing around at home.  Ellie plays what she almost always does, babies.


Evan decides since we aren't going anywhere today that he needs to put pjs back on...well that means of course Ellie does too.  That boy would live in them if he could!


Since starting preschool Evan likes to play library a lot now.  This means he takes most of the books off of their bookshelf and makes stacks of them...this also means mom gets to put them all back...I am not sure he quite understands what a librarian actually does ;)!  Today he went through and pulled out a stack of books he says we have never read before for our bedtime books.


Well Evan was doing library Ellie was helping me make some applesauce with our apples we picked!


Then Ellie drew me a picture of "fireworks", as she called it.  


After letting Bella out to go potty she decided to find the only mud she could and lay in it...I swear puppies and children are just alike!  This meant a bath for Bella!


During Ellie's naptime today this is how I found these two.  They are pretty much inseparable.


I actually had some free time today so I worked on some scrapbooking!


I tell you these two never get tired of swinging!  Again after naptime they wanted to go swing since the rain had finally stopped.


After picking up Avery from school we play in the front yard for a bit.  They usually always want to play in the driveway after school.  Avery and I took turns reading a "longer" book he got from the library.  I can't believe how much he is reading!


We come inside and Avery finds a bug identification book we have and he starts looking through it...this boy can't get enough when it comes to learning about animals!


And this is what these two were doing...that's right making a mess!


Then it's already time for dinner.  Ellie decides to play with my measuring cups while I am getting dinner ready.


Avery works on his homework during dinner.  Homework includes:  going over spelling words, sight word flashcards, guided reading work...then we also go over his bible memory verse for Wednesday nights at church and his Cub Scout pledge and motto....whew, it's a lot and we are only in 1st grade and only really having to do this with one kid so far!


After dinner we have to head to Avery's soccer practice tonight!  It's a little work since we are the coaches, but still lots of fun!



Finally, we rush home for quick bath and bedtime stories before bed.


No comments: