Sunday, September 8, 2013

a little of this & that

Our new school schedule has kept us pretty busy around here and we are just getting busier this week, but here's a little look at this last week.  In no particular order...

We {as in E&E} have been able to fit in a few quiet mornings playing on the playground before the "summertime" heat set in.

We also worked on putting mulch down under the playground since the kiddos had already ate all the grass off under the swings!

Avery had his first soccer practice!!  I think his new coaches did okay............that being Ryan and I are his new coaches!  No, we don't know anything about soccer, but someone needed to coach his team so we stepped up.  The best part about being the coach is you get to pick practice times and location....so of course we picked "little park" right by our house.

Evan's LOVING preschool although the only thing I really hear about is what he had for snack, what special he had, and if he got to have recess.  I do know he has learned the year because he keeps going around saying 2013 out of the blue!  Here he is doing his first "homework" assignment {pictures about himself}.  He looks so grown up!

Avery had his first official pack meeting as a Tiger Cub Scout!  He got to wear his class A shirt to school.  He was pretty proud of himself and I think he looks pretty cute!  Ryan and the kiddos all went to the pack meeting and all I really know from it is that they tasted some popcorn and ate cupcakes!

We also went to a fun birthday party at a bounce house.  Ellie decided to do a little rock climbing!

All the friends coming down the slide together!

Avery & I got to go to a Sporting KC soccer game with our good friends.  The boys had lots of fun watching the sport they both love!

It was fun having a date with just Avery...I never get to spend time with just him anymore so it was nice!  {I also realized that it is SO easy just taking a 6 1/2 year old somewhere!}

This crazy heat all of a sudden kept us inside a lot this weekend...so I worked on a new picture wall and my fall decor is now out!  It may not feel like fall, but I am more than ready for it to be here!!

And yes, I have already created and hung up my fall bucket list!  It may sound a little crazy, but right now I am most looking forward to eating chili!  Haha, yes I do love chili that much, but can't eat it when it is 97 degrees out!  No fear I do have it on my menu calendar for Saturday...when it says it will be a high if 78!  Please be true!!!

Let me know if you have anything fun to add to our fall bucket list!

No comments: