Monday, January 28, 2013

so what happened?

This weekend was great, but I am exhausted and I am grateful for a relaxing Monday at home.  Here's a little review...
 
Scrapbooking and the bake sale...
The bake sale did awesome and I cannot believe how many talented women I go to MOPS with!  My two days of scrapbooking, {finally} let me get all caught up on everything...now if you are a scrapbooker you will know this is a very RARE occurrence...I should say caught up until Sunday when I already have three more pages I could do now!  It was great spending some time with some very dear women too!  I don't know why, but I have never taken pictures of my scrapbooking nights...is it wrong to scrapbook me scrapbooking??  There's always next time {Jennifer be prepared I am bringing a camera with me next time ;).}.
 
The 10k...
My race went well enough.  I accomplished!  That's the main goal right?  My race was held in an underground cave system that has businesses in it.  So it is all concrete and paved inside...I wasn't climbing up rocks or anything.  It was nice to be able to run inside in 60 degree temperatures in January.  The bad parts were that it was a little stuffy in there, not much to look at {but tunnels and tunnels of concrete really} and the gps on your watch won't work so that means I didn't know my pace or mileage {Ryan did have his foot pod so he did let me know every know and then, but I look at my watch constantly so I was lost without it}. 
Here's us before the race...
 
{Looking a little better then after the race}
After...
{Just be glad this was taken from far away :)}
 
Actually, the water bottle lady right after I finished asked if I was okay and if I needed to sit down, so yes I was looking a little rough.   My time was ok, although it was two minutes longer then my first 10k.  Ryan stayed by my side the whole way even with me screaming at him during some points {I can't talk normally while running + wearing headphones + not knowing my mileage = me screaming at him to know how many miles :)}.  Sorry!  I told him to not be surprised if I start crying during my half marathon...not really out of pain or sadness, just me overcoming my mental challenges :).  He asked if I thought I could do this half in April and I said yes because I believe running is 90% mental.  No matter if it has been a 5k or 10k I still find them both equally hard to get my mind ok with knowing I can complete them.  Which every time I have, but my mind likes to tell me I can't the whole way.  Yes, I do love the accomplishment at the end, but kinda hate the run in the middle :).  On another note, this race had nothing really to eat afterwards except oranges and bananas.  Most runners, me including, only really do these for the goodies at the end...so I don't know if I would do this race again...
 
"Ice" Skating...
Tamarin watched our kids for us during the race...thank you!  So afterwards we headed to go "ice" skating with her at a place near her {new} house.  I use the word "ice", but it was actually just plastic sheets they skated on.  It was very weird and I have never seen it before, but I guess you can go "ice" skating year around this way.  I don't do any kind of skating so I just watched from the sidelines with Evan and Ellie who also didn't want to participate.  They said it was actually very hard to skate this way and I don't know if we would go back, but it was nice not having to deal with crowds and they had a skate helper for Avery to use.



 
A busy weekend to say the least...so this is what we are doing on this BEAUTIFUL Monday morning...ahhh...

 




2 comments:

Jennifer Johnson said...

I brought my camera this weekend so I could get a picture of us, but totally forgot! :) You can TOTALLY do the half!!! Glad you can relax some today!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Well we both need a scrapbook page of us scrapbooking ;).