Wednesday, January 2, 2013

trees, snow, desks, oh my!

Yesterday was time to say good-bye to our first real Christmas tree :(.  I am sure it will be the first of many real ones we will get!  And, if you saw my posts about my 6 Christmas trees this year...yes I have purchased another one to make 7 for next year!  I can't wait!  So we took our tree to the Christmas tree grave site...
And gave it a big chuck...


Then we went sledding on some hills.

Ellie preferred to stay off the sled!
The boys
 And the girls!
 Someone had a very dirty face when we were all done!
 
 
On another note, I am so excited about the purchase I made today!  Here was my problem, I have this "formal" living room that NEVER gets used except at Christmas time when our main Christmas tree gets placed in it, the rest of the year nothing!  I must say I hate formal living rooms!  Since we are quickly running out of space with three growing kids I hate having a whole room that goes unused (and you can't put toys or other junk in it since it is the room everyone "sees" when they come to our house)!  My other problem, I don't have any good places to put or work on my scrapbooking.  So my mom came up with the solution of putting a desk in that room to take care of the problem of scrapbooking and to actually USE the room...I don't know why we haven't thought of this years ago!  I stopped at Goodwill today and look what I found...a desk and a chair!  I love them!!! Yes, the desk has a lot of scratches on it and needs new drawer pulls, but nothing I can't fix.  The best part they were ONLY $33 together!!  Now, to get Ryan to make me some shelves to hide all my scrapbook stuff in...
 
 


No comments: