Wednesday, January 16, 2013

disorganization?!

Anyone who knows me knows how I am a little obsessive about organization...okay maybe a  lot obsessive.  I love containers and finding things to put in them!  One of my favorite things about teaching was organizing my classroom.  If that could be a job...setting up classrooms...it would so be my dream job!  Well anyways, just because you have containers and put things in them does not mean that they are always so "organized".  You can really {hide} a lot of stuff in containers!  So are you ready...I do have disorganization in my home and you are about to see it...

{Now I DO NOT claim those top two containers...that is Ryan's junk..but even with my containers I have given him they have gotten out of control!  I know, can you believe I let this happen!  The problem however, is in that large purple container on the bottom...just see for yourself ...}


{Yikes!  This very large container is filled with all our "important" papers, but you wouldn't be able to tell in that mess!}

I decided it was time to organize these papers so you could actually get to them.  In comes a little Pinterest inspiration and a little bit of supplies...


After hours of going through papers I ended up with this trash pile...


and these three, 2" binders.  Yes, that is correct that is all that was really needed to be kept.  I don't think we needed that VCR tape on how to use or washer and dryer anymore or  the gas receipts from 2001.  It felt so good to get rid of it all!  Pinterest inspired me to make binders so I made a "Life Papers" (you know marriage license, birth certificates, passports, and so on), "Bought Item" (jewelry warranties, home improvement receipts, and manuals), and "Taxes" binders.

{I didn't get too fancy with the covers...in college I used to spend hours creating great cover pages for all my class binders, but who is really going to see these things?!} 

{Here's the inside of the "Life Papers" binder.  I love me some tabs!}

{And here they are easily reached on the shelf!  Ahhh.... feels so good!}
{Yes, the binder next to them is the 4" binder I had to buy for Avery's preschool papers from last year.  I stated off with a 2" one and ended up barely fitting it all into a 4" one (do they make larger binders then 4"??), but how can you throw out all that precious artwork?} 

{Here they are in the art closet...the closet is slowly getting better looking.  It just has to hold so much stuff!}

{And the much improved corner.  The purple container now contains all of Ryan's stuff...and that stuff is never going to be organized, but I don't have to look at it now, right!?}


1 comment:

Connie said...

I think April took after you and your Mom, she is super organized like that, too.