Thursday, January 24, 2013

me, me, me

I am so excited for the weekend ahead!  Why?  Because it is about me, me, me!  Yes, you read that correctly I am being selfish and my whole weekend is NOT planned with activities for my kiddos, but for ME!  I have been waiting for this weekend for a long time because I get to do....are you ready for it...SCRAPBOOKING :)!  Haha, I am a big dork.  However, you would want to do a scrapbooking weekend too if you got to be away with a fun bunch of women all of Friday night and most of the day Saturday with no superheroes or princesses to worry about and they fix all your meals for you!  I know a dream come true, right...and you really don't have to be that creative to scrapbook, trust me!

Go ahead and scrap on!!!

My scrapbooking weekend happens to be held at my home church, Olathe Bible Church.  This is also where I attend MOPS.  Let me digress for a second and say that I absolutely {LOVE} my Mother's of Preschoolers group!  I do not know what I would do without them being a stay at home mom.  I have met so many wonderful women there who have taught me so much and have helped me to become a better mother among other things.  These women will always have a special place in my heart!  Anyways, during the scrapbooking weekend the MOPS moms are also doing a bake sale.  So I get to make some yummy creations to sale.  If you are in the area, you should totally come check out the yummy goodies for sale to the public on Saturday from noon- 3 pm!  

{My cute bears in a bubble bath that you can buy at the bake sale!  They were so easy to make!  Here's the recipe!}

Then if that is not enough for a "me" weekend...I also have a 10k race on Sunday!  Now let me say I am not a runner who enjoys running...I know that sounds crazy right!?  However, I do like meeting goals and accomplishing things so I love races that require me to push way outside my comfort zone to complete.  This will be my second 10k and although I am more comfortable running 6 miles now, it is still a little scary to me.  This race is also a step toward my half marathon that is about 12 weeks away...eek!  Ryan is running it with me, and even though he could complete the race in half my time, he runs it with me the whole way.  That's why I love him :).



Let the selfishness begin!


2 comments:

Connie said...

Carrie, I love how creative you are and what a wonderful Mommy you are to your children. The "cowboy" and I enjoy seeing them when you come down.
Your MOPS group sounds so fun. We didn't have anything like that way back then. We did get together one afternoon per week at each other's house for lunch, play cards and let the kids play. Sad to say, we didn't interact much with the kids on our afternoons. They had their fun playing and we had our fun visiting. (We did keep an eye on them, though...most of the time)
Love you, Carrie Michelle

Unknown said...

Thanks Connie! That's why MOPS is so nice because they have childcare ;). I don't think we got into too much trouble when I was over, but I guess I was probably sitting there more with the women then actually playing ;).