Thursday, January 10, 2013

sleep...who needs that?

Over the past 5 1/2 {almost six years now} I don't think I have had, but a handful, of complete nights sleep with no other kiddos in MY bed at some point during the night!  Now I know there are perfect sleeping kiddos out there that have been sleeping through the night since they were 4 weeks old...but my kiddos apparently miss me too much through the night to do this ;).  I also know that I had my kids fairly close together {21 and 22 months apart} so just as one kid was beginning to sleep through the night a new baby was born and we began again.  However, you would think that all my kids would be sleeping nicely through the night in each of their own beds now that they are 5 1/2, 4, and 2...haha right!  

{right Ellie?}
 {Ellie looking a little angry after waking up in her own bed...I know who would do such a thing to her??}

Now I do FINALLY have one exception...Avery!  He has finally learned to go to bed and stay in his bed all night by himself... hallelujah!  The other two have not.  Evan at 4 years old {as he likes to tell everyone now} still comes back into our room 
E - V - E - R - Y - S - I - N - G- L - E  
night!  It may be in the wee hours of the morning or it may be at 11 pm, but he makes it there no matter what!  We even tried putting him up in Avery's top bunk with Avery to see if it was him just needing someone to cuddle with...nope I guess Avery is not a good cuddler.  Evan is a pro at climbing down the bunk bed ladder half asleep.  So Evan has always had this problem even as a baby, but then we get to Ellie who used to sleep in her bed all night long...I don't know if Evan told her the joys of sleeping in our bed or what, but Ellie now seems to join us every night too.  Talk about a crowded bed with an additional 4 and 2 year old added to it!!!  Not to mention Evan's snoring, yes he is just 4 and he does snore!  Listen for yourself...



One of these days they will sleep in their own beds again right??  Then I can look back at these sleep deprived days and laugh :).  Until then coffee and Diet Coke are my two very best friends!!!


No comments: