Wednesday, February 20, 2013

my big girl keeps getting bigger

After mastering {daytime} potty training a couple of week ago we are ready for another big step...
So out with the baby...

{This crib has been a constant feature in our house for 6 years now...we moved one baby out to just add a new one...a little bittersweet.  It's now in parts in our garage because we have one of those "illegal" drop down side cribs, but if you want to have it for free {on the black market ;)} let me know!}

The princess now has a big girl bed!!!

{It's not quite in bed form yet, since it still sits on the floor in case a little girl rolls out...}

{The head board (which isn't attached to the wall yet either) was made by my mom who re-purposed the old crib blanket...she also used the crib skirt to make a skirt for this full size bed...thanks mom!}

{She was very happy about her big girl bed!} 

{Of course the kiddos had to celebrate by jumping on the bed!}

{They all decided to sleep in there last night.  It works well that it's a full size bed so they can actually all sleep in it!  Ellie was a little sad at first and wanted to lay in Mommy & Daddy's room, but she finally laid down and fell asleep.  Ellie and Avery actually slept all night long there...a big accomplishment for the princess...cross your fingers that this lasts!  Evan did find his way, of course, to our room in the middle of the night...his new excuse to lay in our bed is that he "doesn't feel good", but makes miraculous recovery every morning...smart boy!
I might have to bribe Avery to sleep there every night if it keeps Ellie in her room...hmmm...}

The "Big" girl is taking a nap now there too.  
My house now contains very few "baby" items...I guess we are moving on to the next stage in our lives.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I WANT THE BED!!!!!!!!!! You know, in case I ever get grandkids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Johnson said...

I love Ellie's new big girl bed! Your Mom did a great job on the headboard - so cute! Yay for sleeping in there all night, too!!! I know, I've been a little sad as I'm going through and getting pretty much all the rest of our baby stuff ready for the sale. :)