Sunday, February 10, 2013

day 9 & 10 of {love} and the weekend

This weekend got kind of crazy so I missed posting yesterday.  Here are the adventures that happened...

Day 9 of {love}...Saturday

{The kiddos got sponges in their mailboxes to do a little Valentine painting!  I can only show you part of the project now...the rest will be posted later ;)}

{Painting is not my favorite activity to do with the superheroes and princess, but at least the paint was washable...}

{I turn my back for a second and as you can see Ellie decided to paint her whole belly.  Silly girl!  That's why we have to use washable paint!}

Then after running 5.5 miles on the treadmill at the gym {this half marathon training is going to be taking up more and more of my Saturdays...ugh...but I only had to walk once during it, which is a HUGE accomplishment for me!}...
Ryan and the kiddos bought my Valentine present...a new shelf to put my scrapbooking things on!!!  Yeah, that's what I call {love}!!!  Ryan was originally going to build me one, but after finding this one at Target that fit the spot and that would fit my scrapbook albums we decided to just buy it and save time. 

{Ryan and the kiddos putting my shelf together...well Ellie mostly with a little help from Evan...Avery was doing this...}
{...building an airplane from the empty box.}
{I love the shelf and it works perfectly to display my albums and hide my scrapbooking junk.  However, I might need another one soon since my albums seem to be multiplying quickly!}
{And my whole new scrapbooking area...love it!}

I also got some roses!  Thank you Ryan!!

Then Saturday night while I was making dinner E & E were fighting in the bathroom {I know just as I said that they were being so nice to each other the other day}...Evan decided to slam the door on Ellie and lock it.  Ellie screamed.  I came.  I found her fingers were smooshed in the door with the door completely closed and locked.  After getting Evan to open the door we finally got Ellie out.  Poor girl had some very flattened fingers :(.  I can't believe the door would even shut!  After a bit her fingers did "puff" back up and nothing seems to be hurt, but she needed a lot of cuddles and her ice pack.  {Kelsey probably can sympathize with Ellie a bit here because I kind of recall doing the same thing to her in the car door...sorry Kels...sometimes it tough being the little sister!}


So on Sunday...day 10 of {love}...
{The kiddos got a note about God's love}

{This is what it said...}

Then we learned about God's love more at church.  Today was a good day for Evan at church because a friend gave him a Valentine and candy!  Just made the boy's day!

As per our Sunday tradition, lately, we went swimming at the gym's pool after naps. Ellie was floating around today too by herself with just her floaties!  After swimming we raced home to change and go to a Japenese steakhouse!  Ryan has been wanting to take the kiddos to one for a while and after finding a Groupon we just couldn't pass it up!





{The superheroes & princess all loved the "ninja" cooking our food!  They loved the fire, the onion volcano, rice/shrimp thrown in their dad's mouth, and their ninja chickens! A great experience!}

Finally, home, bath, snack, brush teeth, bed!  Good night!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Sounds like a super fun busy weekend!!! Yes half marathon training takes a lot of time I did that last year during my busiest time of the year.