Thursday, February 21, 2013

easy moss letter

Here's a quick and easy project to do while you are stuck inside for another snow day...well that is if you have moss laying around.  I have been seeing all these moss letter ideas on Pinterest.  I thought it would be easy enough to do.  The other day at the Dollar Tree {yes probably one of my favorite stores...I am cheap :)} I saw they have packages of moss.  I read somewhere people were finding them at Hobby Lobby for like $5, but I got my bag for a dollar! 
{Some of my other dollar store finds...I got 3 bags of moss, but it only took one}

Instead of buying a wooden letter, I just cut out a large "s" with my Cricut on paper.


Then I traced that letter on some cardboard.


{I doubled up the cardboard to make it stronger and just glued the two pieces together.}

Next, with my trusty hot glue gun {I can't live without that thing} just glue on the moss.


Keep gluing until all the holes are filled up and trim up the edges a bit with scissors.


Finally, I added some dollar store ribbon I had.  That's it!  Super easy!


For a grand total of $2!!


I also bought these bunnies at the Dollar Tree.


And just spray painted them.  


My spring mantel isn't done yet, but it's getting there...

No comments: