Monday, October 28, 2013

the Diamonds vs Green Thunder

 Our fall boys' soccer seasons are now over.  It made us crazy busy, but I will miss it!  I really enjoyed watching both boys play this season!  Evan is 100% just about soccer...right now he says that's the only sport he wants to play...we shall see...  Avery on the other hand has his eye on MANY, MANY sports...he pretty much wants to play it all, but he says his favorite is soccer.  Both our boys played so well this season and they both learned a ton more about this game!

Evan and his Diamonds ending their undefeated season!!!  It's lots of fun when you get to play with all your friends!




The best part...getting your medal!  Although when Evan got it he exclaimed he already had this medal...since it's the same one he got in the spring when he played ;).


Then we have Avery and the Green Thunder's last game.  Ryan & I didn't really know if we would like this whole coaching thing when we started this season...I mean we really didn't even know much about the game.  I think we both kind of loved being Avery's coach...you not only get to be proud when your own child does well, but you can take pride in the whole team doing their best!  These 7 first graders will have a special place in my memory because they came to us many who had never really played the sport..who didn't know each other at all...and really did learn so much through the season and grew to work together as a team!

I was kind of nervous for this last game because you always want to end the season on a positive note...I knew we were up against the hardest team on the league and they pretty much blew us out of the water last time they played us.  But our little 7 Green Thunders ALL pulled it off...each one of them played their very best!  We ended up having a tie game {well Avery swears we beat them by one point, but I think the final score was 3-3}!  Those boys make me proud!  Also, I have to brag that even though Avery didn't score a goal on that final game, he rocked the defense!  I think we will be back to coaching again this spring.








So what's next?  Basketball.  Yes, that's right...the boy who wants to play EVERY sport is going to try basketball this winter...stay tuned.  {And no we are not coaching this one ;).}

No comments: