Monday, September 22, 2014

everyday life: Monday

Sorry life happening, has caused not a lot of posting here.  Nothing big or exciting has really taken place, which is why I haven't felt the need to blog a whole lot since school started.  However, after reading some posts from this time last year where I documented the "everyday life" for a week, I realized those are the memories I cherish the most when I look back...the glimpses of normal life around here.

So here it goes the look into our "everyday life" for the next week...
{Here's where I started documenting our week in September 2013}

Monday:

Mondays (and Wednesdays and Fridays) we all are up and out the door early.  I nanny for Evan's teacher (and Avery's old teacher :) in the mornings from 7:30-1:30 on MWF.  It's a great part-time job that allows me to be home still with my kiddos when they are home from school and Ellie gets to join me too!  It works out well!  
We are all packed up and ready to head out the door by 7:15 am.
{In case you were wondering...that's a jog of apple cider packed up for Evan to share with his kindergarten class for their apple unit}

This morning that meant a quick breakfast for these two of nutrigrain bar for Avery and instant oatmeal (like always for Evan)...Ellie was sleepy this morning so we take her breakfast with us.
{I don't think he's picking his nose in this picture...but I wouldn't put it past this boy ;)}

We all get out at the house I nanny at and since she is Evan's teacher she actually takes both boys to school with her. You can see Ellie is looking a little rough this morning :).

Everyone is off to school and that leaves Ellie & I with the two year old and babies (yes there's two :).  They are the sweetest kids and Ellie loves playing with all three.  Ellie finally eats her breakfast with her buddy.

These mornings are all about playtime!  It's even more fun when you get to try out someone else's toys!

Evan gets dropped off to us after kindergarten is over.  He's sporting his yellow hat for Y day!  He likes to tell me who he plays with each day at school and if he got to see Avery or not :).

A little more playtime before we head home at 1:30.

First thing these two do when we get home is find and snuggle with Bella.

Then we have a little bit of time at home to play before getting Avery.  That usually means these two are playing Mom & Dad.  It's a daily game.

My time involves unloading dishwasher, putting bags away, going through Evan's school stuff, doing laundry, and working on MOPS stuff for tomorrow...and then it's already time to go pick up Avery.

I find these two playing on the playground when I call them to leave.  It's nice when they actually play nicely together.

Waiting in car pickup lane.  Yes, those two are wearing their pjs already...

After waiting in the car for so long for pickup this often happens....this is not a good thing...this automatically means she will be up at least an hour later before falling asleep at bedtime....

Home again and we enjoy a little bit of the beautiful weather outside today.


Monday nights are nice because there's no after school activities so it means more time to take it easy...a great way to start the week!  Minecraft on the iPad, of course.

He's making some kind of art project...

She usually always is with me in the kitchen getting dinner ready.

We try to read every night during dinner.  I found that it's easier for me to fit it in here then at bedtime...when I just want the kids to go to sleep ;).  We are still reading through the Little House books from this summer...we are almost finished with Farmer Boy!

Then homework time follows dinner.  Tonight it's math & spelling words for Avery.

And for Evan it's reading & sight words.

Ellie does a little snuggle time with Ryan before bed...yep she doesn't look close to sleepy...she fell asleep at tonight at 8:45...her bedtime is 7:45 when she doesn't take a nap...

On to Tuesday...

No comments: