Sunday, December 1, 2013

thankful...day 29&30

Now that I have my first free moment in the last three days it's time to catch up on here...we have had a busy, busy weekend!!

Day 29:

Mom:

Friday was our Thanksgiving...so I am thankful for the Thanksgiving holiday, which doesn't require the need for gifts...just spending time with family and friends around good food!  I am thankful that we got to spend dinner not only with our great friends, but my family was able to make it in time to eat dinner with us too!  The food was really good, thanks to Jennifer who made such great things to share with us, Ryan's first fried turkey, and my mom's desserts!

Avery:
Thanksgiving

Evan:
Opening Grandmommy & Granddaddy's birthday presents to me.

Ellie:
Grandmommy & Granddaddy coming up.




And a picture from Friday of our newest Christmas tree!

Day 30:

Mom:

Saturday was Evan's birthday party with friends.  I am thankful for all our great friends who always make my kiddos birthdays special for them...we have so many wonderful people in our lives!  {I will include a separate post with all kinds of pictures from Evan's birthday weekend!}

And since we are out of thankful days for the month and I had one more thought I will include it today as we head into the Christmas season...

I am so thankful for the belief in all things magical that still lives in our family.  I know that one day soon this will pass and we will move onto a new chapter in our lives, but I want to hang on to this for as long as we can...we believe in Santa Claus, reindeer that fly in the sky, a little Elf that shows up at our house each morning, the tooth fairy who exchanges our teeth for money, an Easter bunny that brings us yummy candy, a leprechaun who made our house green...and I {love} every minute of this!  We BELIEVE!!!

Avery:
Birthday party.

Evan:
Birthday party.

Ellie:
Orange juice {yes, that is how she is leaving the thankfulness month ;)}.

Magic is watching Frosty the Snowman with the kiddos and believing!


We also watched Frozen with G&G and Kassi!  This was Ellie's first "official" big screen movie and she did really well watching the movie about the princesses!


Evan did take obligatory 20 minute nap during the movie...he hasn't made it through a big screen movie without one yet ;)... 


No comments: