Monday, March 11, 2013

a day in the life of...part 1

Here's my plan...I am attempting to record as much detail as I can about our daily lives as a record for my kiddos to read in the future.  I think they may get a kick out of themselves!
  
My reason for sharing these details, is I don't think people realize how much a stay at home mom really does during her day.  I know when I was working and even with summers off I don't think I really understood what I full time stay at home mom did.  It's all about eating bon bons and watching soap operas {are soap operas even still on?}, right :)?

So today I am trying to record those little details that don't usually get blogged about of what we {really} do on a daily basis.  I picked a normal day of our week with our normal activities...

7:00 wake
{Yes, these two were also sleeping in my bed when I woke up...Evan was sent back twice to his bed before making it to ours this morning and Ellie came in at 4:15...}

7:05 dressed
{Hate pictures of myself...but included me so I have a record of being there too :)}
{Ryan making his own lunch..yes he always makes his own...I am not starting down that path where I make it for him...sorry hunny :)}

7:26 Make Evan's bed
{Evan only slept here between the first time I put him back in his room and the second...ugh that boy!}

7:28 Start coffee
{Always needed!}

7:30 Ryan leaves for work
{I don't always see this, but he was a little later then normal with time change}

7:32 Unload and start new load of laundry
{I do a load of laundry EVERY day except Saturdays...the amount of clothes would be INSANE if I didn't!}

7:36 Morning Chore:  wipe mirrors and windows
{I have a list of daily morning chores I do that only take a few minutes, but it is worth it because you always feel caught up on chores and your house never feels completely dirty! I am a big fan of doing it this way!}

7:44 Prepare breakfast
{Evan and Ellie's breakfast ...Evan eats instant peach (must be peach) oatmeal almost every morning!  Avery's breakfast is cereal.}

7:50 Get drinks and snacks ready
{CANNOT leave the house without these...if you want your sanity!}

7:52 Wake kids
{Normally I NEVER have to wake anyone, but today is different since the time just changed.  Avery, you tell him once and he is up!}

{Make another bed...}

{Take big girl potty...crazy hair!}

{This boy is a little different story...he loves to sleep...}

8:00 Get Ellie dressed

{Boys dress themselves...hallelujah!}

8:05 Breakfast
{I don't think Ellie has ate much here, but the boys have learned to eat quickly in the mornings}

8:11 Brush teeth

8:14  Clean kitchen and head to car
{Looking at the surprise snow flakes outside.  That better be the end to that snow!}

8:19 Leaving for the gym

8:31 Made it to the gym
{A little late for class, but that's not unusual for us!  The kiddos get dropped off at childcare in the same room.  They love being together.}

{A 30 minute core class...using weights is a  rather new experience for me, but I love doing something other then running all the time!}

9:10  Hit the treadmills
{A 25 minute "warmup run" before tread class}

9:30 Tread Class
{Got my 4.5 miles on my schedule in today...that's success!}

10:15 Snack in car after gym

10:19  Playdate with some friends
{Meet some friends at the "big tree" at the Great Mall to run around and get some energy out on another cold day!}


{Evan was pretty whiny...I think it was from his lack of sleep ;)}

11:13 Leave the "big tree"

11:23 Back home and play time with Playdoh while Mommy takes a quick shower!

11:35 Switch laundry...

11:40 Clean up Playdoh, watch Barney, make lunch
{Ellie loves her Barney!}

11:47 Eat lunch

11:55 Homework
{Avery usually works on his homework right before school...I know a bad habit especially being an ex-teacher ;)...Avery is wearing the hat because it's crazy hat day at school}

12:08 Clean up kitchen

12:15 Pack backpack

12:17 In car...once again

12:20 Drop off Avery at kindergarten

12:24 Back home...this boy needs a nap!


12:27  Prepare for naps
{Ellie is addicted to milk!  She still must have a "baba" when she goes to sleep...we must break this habit soon!}

12:45 Naps!!!
{E & E both go to sleep after I lay with this for a bit!}

12:50 Wipe down kitchen, take out trash, start dishwasher

1:04  Fold and put away this mound of laundry...

1:27  Me time!!!!

To be continued....
{I bet you are just waiting on the edge of your sheets to see what happens the rest of the day, right ;)}








No comments: