Tuesday, April 9, 2013

zoo, soccer, gardening, & birthday

We had a great weekend...far better then our Monday turned out to be...

When the weather is nice around here we try to pack our weekend with as many outdoor activities as we can...which I think we succeeded with doing!  And yes, someone did have a birthday {ahem, me, the mom}, but it was a nice day just spent with my family and a little running ;).  Here's a recap in pictures:

Saturday:

First thing, zoo!  Our first trip back to the zoo since last fall.  

{We saw the new polar bear, which the kiddos loved!}


{Ellie loves her elephants!}


{I don't know why, but this is Avery's favorite place at the zoo.  If you know the Kansas City Zoo well, it's not really one of the major attractions, and you really might bypass it because it is off of the main tracks, but Avery always asks to go here.  It's where they have wart hogs and some monkey and the gorillas, but I think the boys just LOVE the fact that you have to be quiet here.  They get on to anyone who speaks above a whisper!  Do you think it would work in my house to hang one of these signs???}

{And of course, we can't forget Evan and his turtles!}

Then after lunch in the car we head to Avery's first soccer game of the season!

{The Red Puma's did awesome for their first game!  Avery was a ROCKSTAR and he scored 3 goals!!!}

We head back to our house with Aunt Tamarin and we work on gardening!  The kiddos were a big help!  We have lettuce, spinach, rhubarb, and asparagus planted and the rest are being started inside.






Sunday:

Before church we saw these ducks on our pond!  The kiddos wanted them to stay, but they only spent a few minutes.  


Then after church we ate lunch and headed out for my last LONG run before my half marathon.  Ryan and the kiddos followed along on the bikes and ended up going to 5 parks through the course of my 11 miles {since they are a little faster then me :) they wait for me to catch up at each park}!  Man, that's a lot of parks!!  I am glad the bulk of the training is done!!! 

Then a little shopping and a little birthday dinner...


Finally, my birthday "cake".  It's actually bread pudding that Ryan makes...it is yummy!!  It is based off the recipe here, but Ryan made it a little less complicated :).



No comments: