Friday, July 18, 2014

day 54 & 55 of summer

Day #54:  Wednesday, July 17

For Wet & Wild Wednesday we got to go to a friend's house for lots of backyard fun with obstacles, water balloons, water guns & popsicles!  We are so blessed to have wonderful such wonderful friends to make memories with!










Then when we got back home I decided to make a apple pie that Evan had been asking me to make {later that little boy refused to eat it and said he didn't like apple pie...stinker...oh well I love pie :)}.  No my pies don't look pretty, but they taste good.

It was a great afternoon with baking, the kiddos playing nicely outside in more beautiful weather and some country music playing...perfect!

Day #55:  Thursday, July 18

Today we finally had Yes Day!  This is where if your kiddo asks you a {reasonable} question you should answer yes...instead of the no we often say as parents.  It just makes for a fun day for the kids.  I did lay down one rule...we weren't going anywhere or making purchases.  We did have a fun playdate that morning with friends, but other than that most of my kiddos yes day was about asking for foods they wanted to eat at meals.

There was pancakes {Avery's request} & pizza wraps {Evan's idea} for breakfast.

Lunch was mac & cheese {Avery's idea...no he doesn't get too crazy with his food} & ice cream & popsicles.

There was some root beer for snack and then dinner was mac & cheese again {I think you know who requested this} & pizza...Ellie just kind of went with whatever the boys wanted.

Then the other fun part about Yes Day was that they could get out whatever messes they wanted {mainly make a large pillow fort} and not have to clean any of it up.


They ended the day by asking to say up late and watch the Lego Movie with Ryan {I was at Bunco}.  There "late" turned into everyone being in bed by 9:45.  I guess I have some "wild & crazy" kids ;).  They however thought Yes Day was awesome and it really wasn't that much different then a normal day for me...it was a win-win for everyone!

No comments: