Monday, February 9, 2015

day 5-8 of {love} 2015

Here's a look at what has been happening the last 4 days with our 14 days of {love}...

Day 5 of {love}:
"Family near and far love you" - 
Make a phone call to tell family you love them

I have done this one in the past and its a super easy one to include, however there aren't really any "supplies" that you can put in the mailbox for this one.  The previous two years I think I stuck in a piece of candy with the note, but this year I just wrote the note to see if they would be okay with just doing something for someone else without getting anything themselves.  Surprisingly I didn't hear any complaints!  
The kiddos called G&G and told them Happy Anniversary because today is also their anniversary...yes it was the reason I planned this activity for today!

Day 6 of {love}:
"Your love is no joke" - 
Unscramble Valentine jokes

For this one I found a Valentine joke printable found here.  I also printed off some coloring and matching pages found on that link.  Avery was the only one that wanted to do the jokes, but the other two had fun simply coloring!



Day 7 of {love}:
"Love Birds" - 
Make fruit loop bird feeders

This was a super easy craft.  We just took some pipe cleaners and threaded fruit loops on.  We then shaped them like hearts and hung them on our bird feeder...so far the birds haven't touched them.  Do they even like fruit loops??  Well, at least my kiddos enjoyed eating them...





Day 8 of {love}:
"You are so sweet!" - 
Chocolate Fondue at home!

I think this one will be one of the kiddos favorites...what's not fun about dipping stuff in chocolate??  All I included in their mailbox was some chocolate chips that they could "taste test" before we melted them.


No comments: